Interested in working in a Radically Different, Radically Better environment?
Do you want to maximize your individual potential through freedom, collaboration and cultivating an environment where creativity can flourish?
At Productivity Associates, Inc. (PAI) we specialize in serving our customers as well as our people. Based out of Kearny Mesa, PAI is a Technical Support and Customer Care service provider who has been named on WorldBlu’s List of Most Democratic Workplaces for three consecutive years (2011-2013), as well as the 2012 San Diego’s ‘Best Places to Work’ List.
PAI is actively seeking a Full-Time Help Desk Technician to perform end-user help desk support and provide quality customer service to our Client’s customers.
We are a 24/7/365 company and schedule flexibility (including nights and weekends) is a requirement to be considered for the positions.
Help Desk troubleshooting of client-side computers in a 98/2K Pro, XP Pro, and Windows Vista environment. Typical issues to resolve will be hardware issues, printing, applications (MS Office Suite, Various E-mail Applications), OS's, password resets, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain phone coverage by starting your shift on time and logging into the assigned queues
• Provide 1st level support including troubleshooting and diagnostics to our customers, service vendors, Level 1 organizations, and field technicians.
• Answer incoming calls from installation vendors
• Work assigned Remedy ticket customer queues in a timely manner to meet SLAs
• Escalate calls/tickets in a timely manner to the Technical Lead
• When needed, work as a Project Assistant under the direction of the Project Lead. As a Project Assistant a TSE will be a technical resource for rollout teams as well as assist in the preparation of rollout projects.
• Complete scheduled and unscheduled tasks as assigned by the Help Desk Supervisor and Technical Team Lead
• Participate in weekly Call Center team meetings
• Assist in the training of contractor staff
• Assist in development of root cause
• Meet defined SLAs
• Perform other job-related duties and work on special projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Strong customer service experience (Good listening and Interpersonal Skills)
• Excellent communications skills, written skills, and ability to type effectively
• Self motivated, detail oriented
• Experienced in utilizing Remedy CRM or similar incident management software
• Well versed in Win2K3 and Win2K8 – ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems (Linux OS and software a plus)
• Solid understanding of computer technology and networking
• Well versed in command line interface (DOS and Cygwin)
• Experienced in using Telnet, SSH, FTP, SCP, RDP networking protocols
• Experienced in HDTV installation
• 1-2 years of Help Desk/Call Center experience preferred
• Experience with Win 2K/XP/Windows Vista
• In-Depth working knowledge of TCP/IP and Internet connectivity
• Intermediate knowledge of Office 2000, 2003, and 2007 versions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to include a professional proficiency in spelling and grammar for when expanded communication is necessary
• Attention to written details and the ability to answer clearly and correctly
• Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks
• Must be a team player and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be a person who is very positive and enjoys producing quality work results
• Must be a motivated towards constantly improving their technical skills using tools both in and out of the workplace
• Previous experience interacting with diverse personalities in and providing assistance in fields such as help desk, customer service or marketing is desired
• Must demonstrate the ability to follow directions, quickly grasp technical processes, and learn new skills at a pace better than average
• Spanish speaking a plus
PAY: This is a Non Exempt Hourly Position with a rate of $13.00 Per hour
Shift: Candidates may be required to work evenings and overnight shifts.
PAI offers a comprehensive benefits plan, Paid Time Off, 401(k) Open Book Management, a Democratic workplace and the chance to Change the World.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at PAI become a fan on Facebook and join our careers group on LinkedIn.